What is Squeak?

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Mon Dec 20 21:32:11 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:13:14 +0100, "Avi Bryant" <avi.bryant at gmail.com>
said:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:05:57 -0500, Mark Guzdial <guzdial at cc.gatech.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > But it's hard to grok Squeak these days.  There are lots of "code
> > words" out there that are hard to decipher.
>
> I think that's partly due to the decentralized nature of development
> these days - ...
>
> >  It took me a long time to
> > figure out that "Mantis" has something to do with bug-reporting (and
> > I'm still not sure what yet),

And don't forget to check the good ol' Minnow swiki, that's still the
standard place to define Squeak-related terms.  For example, search the
Minnow swiki for the page titled "Mantis" for a reasonable overview.  (I
actually created the Mantis page after being annoyed that it didn't
exist yet.)

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak

If a commonly thrown-around term does not have its own Swiki page,
someone has neglected their Squeaky duty. ;)

- Doug