Connectors 2.0 Question

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Tue Dec 21 17:37:29 UTC 2004

On Dec 21, 2004, at 4:09 AM, Hernan Tylim wrote:

> Michael Latta wrote:
>
>> After loading Connectors 2.0 all my flaps went away except those for
>> Connectors.  They seem to have replaced the shared flaps.  How do I
>> get the normal ones back?  I can not even create a browser without
>> the flap as the standard menus do not create browsers, only the
>> "cool" stuff like package loaders and web browsers, and stuff.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Hi Michael,
>
> To recover the flaps try this. Get the World menu (left click on an
> empty space of the desktop), select Flaps, then select destroy shared
> flaps, to the question answer YES. Repeat the process but this time
> select Install shared flaps.

The Connector flaps have replaced the standard shared flaps.  Hiding or
showing shared flaps still only yields the connector flaps.  But the
"Flaps installDefaultSharedFlaps" or something like that did the trick
of adding the standard flaps while leaving the connector ones still
there.

> BTW, I don't know if all items in the Flap are on the Open menu (World
> menu -> Open option) but the browsers are absolutely there. They are
> the first options.

I later found them, thanks.