internationalisation of squeak: Bitmap font SofijaUC

hjh-sqlist at lexdb.net hjh-sqlist at lexdb.net
Tue Dec 21 21:00:27 UTC 2004

Quoting Shalabh Raizada <shalabhraizada2004 at yahoo.co.in>:

> Hi,
>
> Thanx for your pointers. I tried to test unicode features. It worked
> perfectly well. However, when i tried to do it for devanagri/telugu fonts i
> faced problems.

Which problems did you actually encounter? Did the SofijaUC font load fine?
And the GlyphBrowser  (see Boris' experience report which was sent to the list
in several versions) with the text files from www.unicode.org ?

> can u or boris send me the right code or tell me the changes
> for devanagiri/telugu required in the code used for rendering Xiaoing.txt .
Could you provide an example text? In UTF8 and a screenshot of another system
how it should look like? Currently this only works if devanagriri / telugu is
not a complex script.

This seems to be the case if I look at
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/telugu.htm

Or are there diacritics. They do not work yet if they are not precomposed.

> also i donot really know how to read the font ascii codes(ie 16rFF etc.) for
> unicode glyphs.

I do not understand this question. Could you provide more details please?

>could u help me??

Perhaps yes, see above

Hannes