[RANT] Come on people! ;)

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Wed Dec 22 11:10:39 UTC 2004

Ned Konz wrote:
>> Connectors - v1.9 don't load easily anymore and v2 is a complete
>>rewrite which does not seem stable yet ?
>

> I haven't put the changes from my work with Squeakland into the published v2
> version. However, what instabilities have you found?

"stable" was not the right term, sorry about that, it's more a problem
of transition from v1.9 to 2.

if I load v2 in the image I'm working on it removes the old connectors
classes so all my graphs break. basically I'm waiting for the automatic
converion of old connectors projects you talked about when I first
reported this problem.

Connectors is a great package and I'm not worried about its future, I
know it will be part of basic some time. but at the moment it is a good
example of broken backward compatibility that makes my job harder.

but again, I'm not complaining and again, I'm not asking for full
backward compatibility and no changes etc. please refer to the new
"Dynabook" thread for what my concerns are. I'm trying to be
constructive here.

regards,

Stef