[BUG][FIX]StrikeFontSet>>maxWidth - array out of bounds

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Wed Dec 22 11:31:37 UTC 2004

At 17:56 21.12.2004, Ned Konz wrote:
>On Monday 20 December 2004 12:03 pm, Trygve Reenskaug wrote
> >     StrikeFontSet>>maxWidth
> >          ^ (fontArray at: (2 min: fontArray size)) maxWidth.
>
>I posted a fix for this on January 8th. I didn't bother to put it into
>Connectors 1.9 because I was coming out with Connectors 2.
>
>What problems did you have using Connectors 2?

The short answer: BabySRE doesn't work with Connectors 2.

The long answer is: Of course, it didn't. BabyUML is a hodgepodge of
Jacaranda, Connectors and my own stuff. Jacaranda mainly by copying code
before maltreating it. Connectors the same + subclassing. And my
maltreatment is surely in conflic with your improvements.

Why not use Connectors and Jacaranda as they are? I am a toolmaker and need
rapid prototyping of new ideas to discover what works and what doesen't. I
am too stupid to understand the static and dynamic architecture of
Connectors. I see that it is a very smart and powerful piece of code, and I
have probably ruined it with my clumsy modifications. As it is, I expect I
have to write my own diagramming code from scratch because I MUST have full
control for my experiments.

More than ever, I feel the need for what I try to do with BabyUML: Code
that reveals more about itself than the current classes and methods.

Cheers
--Trygve

--

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver <at> ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver