Simple challenges for MM developers

hjh-sqlist at lexdb.net hjh-sqlist at lexdb.net
Wed Dec 22 15:10:31 UTC 2004

Quoting Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>:

> stéphane ducasse wrote:
> > Challenge 1: Better color Picker
> > =======================
> > As a painter she told me that the color picker is not really good for
> > the following reasons:
> >     - we cannot mix two colors (orange and blue) together
> >     - we cannot easily obtain shape of orange for example
> > Does anybody want to see how the color picker can be enhanced?
> >

> the color pickers provided by GIMP are very good (there is three of
> them). I don't know how to implement them though...
>
> attached are pictures of two of them
>

> (the other) Stef

They are nice and seem to be good. However for Squeak they might be the need to
have something in between the current one and these relatively complex one.

I could think of a two-step chooser. You basically choose a color first, and
then it shows you the 'environment' of the color for going to details.

Or one could as well imagine having as an alternative predefined colors (from
pallettes)

Hannes