[ANN] Logic's Gate

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Wed Dec 22 18:23:51 UTC 2004

Hi Brian --

This looks like fun. For the Turing and SIGCSE lectures in Oct., I showed
how Etoys + Connectors could be very easily used by children (middle school
and above) to make various kinds of logic gates, flip flops, and a
segmented display. It's great to have a more powerful version to look at
and  play with that is still nice and small.

Actually, your Logic's Gate should be doable as end-user scripts in the
next qualitative version of etoys, so it would be helpful to have your
comments and advice on the best way for an end-user to construct this.

Cheers,

Alan