[ENH] openMorphicProject comments (Re: [Q][Morphic] ProjectView open: Project newMorphic. does not work in Workspace)

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Thu Dec 23 16:07:45 UTC 2004

A small cs for Squeak 3.8 : i added two comments to the
openMorphicProject methods of ScreenController and in order to remember
what they are doing.

The image is a better place than email archive for storing this kind of
information.

Scott Wallace a écrit :
> Hi, Hannes,
>
> The code in question, which dates back to the dawn of morphic projects,
> 7 years ago, was designed to be invoked from within an mvc project -- in
> particular, it assumes that the global variable ScheduledControllers
> will have an mvc "ControlManager" instance as its value, whereas in
> morphic projects that variable always has a nil value.
>
> The expression *still* works as expected when evaluated, as intended,
> within a workspace in an mvc project.  (Note that "ProjectView" is an
> mvc "view".)
>
> If you're within a *morphic* project and want to get a similar effect,
> evaluate "Project newMorphicOn: nil".
>
> Cheers,
>
>   -- Scott
>

> At 4:46 PM +0100 12/22/04, hjh-sqlist at lexdb.net wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> In the class
>>
>> ScreenController
>>
>> I find the code
>>
>> openMorphicProject
>>     Smalltalk verifyMorphicAvailability ifFalse: [^ self].
>>     ProjectView open: Project newMorphic.
>>
>> Why can't I evaluate the following in a Workspace?
>>     ProjectView open: Project newMorphic.
>>
>> Hannes

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##