cannot install 6342-0340VocabSummary-nk

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Thu Dec 23 16:18:36 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 2:12 am, Martin Drautzburg wrote:
> When updating code from server.
> When loading 6342-0340VocabSummary-nk
>
> 22 December 2004 11:02:51 am
>
> VM: unix - a SmalltalkImage
> Image: Squeak3.8alpha [latest update: #6341]
>
> SecurityManager state:
> Restricted: false
> FileAccess: true
> SocketAccess: true
> Working Dir /usr/home/martin.projects/squeak/3.9
> Trusted Dir /usr/home/martin.projects/squeak/3.9/secure
> Untrusted Dir /usr/home/martin.projects/squeak/3.9/untrusted
>
> EToyVocabulary class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> #morphClassesDeclaringViewerAdditions
>         Receiver: EToyVocabulary

Do you have a stack trace of this?

Is this a Full image?

What other packages have you loaded?

That method was in changeset #6090t-FlexibleVocabularies-nk

If you look at this CS in the ChangeSorter, what does it show as the change
sets that include this method?

This makes me think that you may have loaded some package (an older version of
Connectors, perhaps?) that also includes FlexibleVocabularies. And that you
have Monticello loaded.

If you bring up a MC browser (assuming you have MC loaded) what do you see as
the version of FlexibleVocabularies?

The problem may be that the published versions of Connectors 2 are *not*
compatible with 3.8; they're compatible with 3.7.

Until I take my Squeakland work and re-package it for 3.8, I suggest that you
get a Squeakland developers' image if you want to use Connectors 2.

You can get that from
http://squeakland.org/installers/SqueakPluginImage-dev.zip

Just make sure that you load updates.

Thanks (and sorry about the problems!),