Tweak is impossibly slow on a PDA; ideas?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Dec 24 08:11:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 00:09:23 -0600 (CST), aaron reichow
<areichow at d.umn.edu> wrote:
> Second: What's the deal with the slowness of Tweak?  Does anyone have any
> idea?  Let me be more specific: this is on Pocket PC. A pretty slow PDA
> too, a 206 MHz StrongARM iPAQ 3650 running the Pocket PC 2002 update.

Eh? You aren't armed with the SL-C3000 yet? Gee, and I was just gonna do a
bid on your old Zaurus.

> My Zaurus C760 was stolen :(

Ah. That's why. Sh*t man, how did that happen...

Wish I could help you, but all I got is a pile of Palms and Visors (which
I'm going to convert into toys for my kids Real Soon Now ;)). And I'm
droooooling over the 3000, if I were rich enough I'd buy two but as it
stands I cannot even afford one...

> and last: Thanks everyone! And have a great Christmas (if that's your
> thing)  and a great New Year (if you happen to use the same calendar
> system that I do)!

Same to you, Rev!

Err.. and to the rest of the list of course! Without all the P.C.
disclaimers! (I'm off listening to Southpark's "Merry F*****g Christmas"
now...).

OBTW: next year's going to look great Squeak-wise for me. I have a
contract for a 6-figure project that going to be done in Squeak and will
be open source!

Have fun,

Cees