[TRICK] What if you have Squeak 3.7 CD and not Internet access and wish load SqueakMap packages

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Dec 28 12:22:36 UTC 2004

Hi!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Yes this would be really good if we could use sm without network access.
> Goran have you any plans for that?

Eh, yes it has in fact always been on my mind. :) See below.

> Stef
>
> On 24 déc. 04, at 11:13, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>
> > Here some for dialup users.
> >
> > Unzip sm.zip from Squeak 3.7 CD  to sm directory in your Squeak
> > directory.
> > How force SqueakMap to use disk directory when you don't have Internet
> > access.
> > 1) Select wished item
> > 2) If item don't show browse cache do command click (or alt / click)
> > for
> > bring halo.

Hmmm, the reason "browse cache" isn't showed is because the selected
item is not in the cache yet. Select "force download into cache" or
"copy from cache" first. So there should be no need to do this "trick"
using inspect. Or perhaps I am missing some subtle point.

> > Could be possible have sm.zip actualized one time by month ?
> > And some like map.1593.sgz actualized for this for download somewhere ?

Well, sure. Perhaps Marcus already has a script for this that he uses
when he prepares the CD.

> > Better one "load from disk " option in menu ?

Note that SM always uses the cache on disk if it is there! So... I am
not sure what is "needed". But I am listening intently to any
suggestions. :)

> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Edgar

regards, Göran