[Newbie] Help! How do I release a project I've uploaded to sm?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Dec 29 09:45:24 UTC 2004

Hi!

Again, sorry for not respinding earlier - been swamped and to get my
attention a private email is the only way to be sure right now.

Peace Jerome <peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> >I did not hit any errors (other than my own), so you
> must have done
> something differently. Did you 'upload' anything?
>
> Reply:
>
> Yes. I did. And could not get sm to accept the
> release. So I am specifically trying to find someone.
> who has uploaded to sm and then successfully edited a
> release.

Yes, do it like this:

1. Log in and at your top level account page
(http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/account) click on "Uploaded files".
Use that UI to get your file uploaded.

2. Click "edit releases" on your package. Fill out the form and use the
drop down menu (the one to the right after "...uploaded file:") to
select your uploaded file (should be in that list). No need to edit the
text field to the left of this drop down menu, you use either one.  Then
use "Save as new release" at the bottom.

If this doesn't work - please send me the file and your
username/password and I will try it myself ASAP.

I am aware of that the UIs on SqueakMap are in need of improvements btw.
Sorry about the confusion.

> >All the best, and many thanks to the SqueakMap people
> >--Trygve

Thanks! :)

regards, Göran