[Q][3.8g] Other languages (e.g. French, German, Spanish) in menus

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Thu Dec 30 09:01:25 UTC 2004

hjh-sqlist at lexdb.net a écrit :
> Quoting Michael Rueger <michael at squeakland.org>:
>

>>If you download the squeakland plugin you will get the German and
>>Spanish external translation files. You need to copy them to the prefs
>>folder next to your VM.
>

> Thank you for the quick answer.
>
> It worked.
>

> Here is a report with an additional note how to activate the language.
> This might not be obvious.
>

> I downloaded the current Squeakland plugin and installed it.
>

> Under
> C:\Program Files\Squeak\Plugin  (Windows XP)
>
> I find a folder called
>
> 'prefs'.
> It contains a folder 'locale' with a subfolder 'de' and 'es'.
>

> I copy it to the directory where I keep Squeak  3.8g and start up Squeak.
>
> What do I do now to activate the German menues?
> I choose the WorldMenu -> help ... -> set language.
>
> Then there is a pause - and voila - I have the German menus.  Cool!!
>

> BTW where is the French? Stephane, Alexandre, Serge .....?

Sorry, but the french translation is not ready right now. I hope will we
have something soon.

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##