Squeak people is written in?....

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Dec 31 15:15:10 UTC 2004

SqueakPeople at the moment uses mod_virgule, a C-coded Apache module
originally developed for www.advogato.org

Now, that couldn't be farther removed from Squeak than we'd like, so I am
about to rewrite the whole thing in Squeak. However, everything is stored
as XML documents and my first attempts at parsing XML (with the parser
that comes with Squeak 3.7) weren't quite succesful, from a performance
point of view (it takes multiple seconds to parse a single document that
has just account info and a list of pointers to articles/diary entries).
As soon as that hurdle is cleared, I'll move the site part for part into
Squeak (making use of Apache's mod_rewrite to make sure that no-one will
notice ;))