[despammed] Re: Sloppy Focus

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Feb 2 09:59:23 UTC 2004

On Feb 1, 2004, at 3:36 AM, Hrvoje Blazevic wrote:

> Avi Bryant wrote:
>> I wonder why his attachment shows up as .obj for you - it shows up as
>> a .mcz for me, which Monticello can open fine.
>> Anyway, if it helps, you can also get it from
>> http://beta4.com/~avi/SqueakEnh-Focus-Samir%20Saidani.5.mcz
>
> Tried that -- same result -- file-list sees it as a garbage (just like
> the .obj file before).
>
> As for Monticello: how do I go about opening that file with
> Monticello, or better yet, how do I (or do I) start Monticello?

Open the Package Loader (click on the background in Squeak to bring up
the World Menu, then choose "open", then choose "Package Loader").
Find MCInstaller in the list, and right-click (eg) to get the context
menu.  Choose "install".
When you choose the .mcz file in the FileList, you should now have a
Load option.

MCInstaller is in fact a bootstrap loader for Monticello packages.
Once you have it, you can also install Monticello itself from the
Package Loader.  Monticello is a versioning system for Squeak, somewhat
like CVS.

If you're wondering why the file looks like binary garbage, it's
because it's actually in ZIP format.  If you unzip it you will find
snapshot/source.st, which is a human readable text file with the source
code, and some metadata in other files.

Cheers,
Avi