How to access to SqueakMap account from squeak ?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Feb 2 15:02:14 UTC 2004

Samir Saidani <saidani at info.unicaen.fr> wrote:
> goran.krampe at bluefish.se writes:
>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:

> > Very easy. "SMSqueakMap default accounts" :)
> >
> > The instvar #accounts is lazily initialized.
>
> Ok thanks, I tried SMSqueakMap default accountWithName: 'Goran
> Krampe', without "SMSqueakMap defaults accounts" first !

Yeah, probably a bug in there - all users of #accounts should do "self
accounts".

> Another
> question : do you know why when I try :
> ProtoObject withAllSubclassesDo: [ :x | (x = SMSqueakMap) ifTrue:[^x]]
> it responds ProtoObject instead SMSqueakMap ?

Well, I dug a bit and it seems like the class SMSqueakMap has "fallen
out" of the subclasses collection in Object. So:

SMSqueakMap superclass addSubclass: SMSqueakMap

...seemed to repair it. I am still digging in why it got removed - I
think ImageSegments may be to blame somehow.

> Thanks a lot !
> Samir

regards, Göran