Adding tests package to the image [GO VOTE!]

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Tue Feb 3 10:39:01 UTC 2004

Ok, I can't stand to see this thread blossom again.  To avoid any more
pain and suffering I propose we vote on it and be done.

I have posted my argument against putting the tests in the update stream
at: http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/julian/diary.html?start=0

I also posted an article on squeak people to collect the votes.  It is
at: http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/25.html

It would be great if someone could post a diary entry for the other side
of the argument and I will add that link to the article.

I figured we could give until sunday evening for people to vote.  Vote
+1 in favour of putting the tests in the update stream and -1 agains it
(or something in between).

Please remember we are voting only on whether to manage the tests
through the update stream. We are not voting on whether the tests should
be included in the image(s) that you download from the squeak website.
The two issues are separate and I don't believe there is any
disagreement that the tests should be in the downloadable image.

Happy voting,

Julian