[HELP] Shift Key Modifier

Steven Swerling sps2000 at mail.com
Wed Feb 4 23:33:46 UTC 2004

Steve Moffitt wrote:

> I just downloaded the SVI package that Avi suggested and it really looks
> cool -- however to get the help section going I need to be able to use <
> m - shift - ? > where m on my Mac is the command key. It does not
> recognize the shift being held down. Is there a preference I need to
> change or something else involved here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Steve,

I don't have ready access to a Mac -- it could well be a bug in SVI's
KeyMapper on the Mac. There is no preference or trick to it, beyond
turning off the 'swap control and alt keys' pref. You should be able to
just hold down the command key, along with '?' (which on most keyboards
requires the shift key). If that doesn't work, it's a bug.

I will try to get SVI onto a friend's Macintosh and try to figure out
what's going on. Sorry it will probably take some time to arrange this.

BTW, it's probably a good idea if you put [SVI] in the subject for
questions/bugs in SVI, so people that don't use SVI can skip it.

Thanks,
Steve S.