MenuMorph pops up but not down

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Thu Feb 5 09:35:35 UTC 2004

Many thanks to Andreas and Hernan.

I have made my own subclasses of Diagram and HJPasteUpMorph. I can set up
aClassShape on my Canvas, the menu is OK on this shape. I set up aRole, my
own subclass of JacarandaShape. The menu stays up.

The ActiveHand mouseFocus is indeed nil, so the trouble seems to be here.

I have studied the owner chain of aClassShape and aRole, they are
corresponding. I have carefully stepped through opening menus for both
shapes and made a few "irrelevant" changes along the way. I now understand
input and output better than before, an essential part of my training.

!!And incidentally, both menus now pop up and down properly!!

I'll spend a few more hours to pin down what is really the difference and
report any interesting results.

All the best
--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver at ifi.uio.no