Squeakland web Plugin

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Thu Feb 5 17:38:51 UTC 2004

Michael Rueger wrote:

> There should be no limitations with the squeakland image as long as
> you use etoys. There are actually a few things in the squeakland image
> that have not been migrated back into the main stream release.
>
> If you plan to build projects for the squeakland plugin please make
> sure to use the squeakland version, not a vanilla 3.2 image. If you
> build projects in newer Squeak versions they will most likely ot load
> into squeakland.

When somebody gets the squeakland plugin, which version of the image did
he get ? When looking at the source code generated by the laucher for
any project in squeakland site I can see the following params into the
embed tag

        win32="Squeak3.2gamma of 12 January 2002 [latest update: #4879]"
        macos="Squeak3.1alpha of 16 May 2001 [latest update: #4081]"

What do these mean ?

> There are two ways to load projects in a web page: either building a
> web page with the proper embed or object tags (IE and netscape/mozilla
> wokr differently, of course) or by linking through our project launcher.

When I sent my previous email, I could not view a project by referencing
it into an embed or object tags.
And I didn't want to use the launcher... At least for testing my
project/web pages when I'm offline.
Now I found out what was wrong. I needed to put the full link (eg.
http://myhost.mydomain/myDir/myProj.pr) into the SRC param of the EMBED tag.

Thanks Michael for your help.
Noury

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group
http://www.esug.org