[despammed] Re: Sloppy Focus

Samir Saidani saidani at info.unicaen.fr
Thu Feb 5 18:39:08 UTC 2004

Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> writes:

> On Feb 2, 2004, at 11:13 AM, Samir Saidani wrote:
>
>> Hrvoje Blazevic <hrvoje at despammed.com> writes:
>>

>>> I restarted from new image, and again no MCInstaller. However I
>>> installed Monticello again, but got the same dependency error when
>>
>> click just on proceed, in fact, it's a fix in case you have
>> StarBrowser, but I don't how to deal with if there is no StarBrowser,
>> there is no dependency mechanism in Monticello...
>
> Can you describe how a dependency mechanism that would better handle
> this might work?

Ok, let us imagine I load a Package A from Monticello, and I have to
modify some vanilla-squeak base methods : it's possible with no
problem thanks to the extension methods. Now I load a Package B from
Package loader, then I load a package A which modifies vanilla-squeak
methods + Package B methods : there is no problem thanks to the
extension methods mechanism. But when I load package A before package
B, here is the problem : package A don't find package B and there is
an error... To avoid error messages, package A could be aware that
some extension methods only apply to vanilla-squeak methods, other to
package X, and decide to apply extension methods only when such a
package is installed.

Cheers
Samir