Eiffel thoughts?

Aaron Lanterman lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Feb 6 03:22:57 UTC 2004

As part of my curiosity about different languages sparked by Squeak, I've
been reading a lot about Eiffel, and wondered what you Squeakers thought
of it. It has real dynamic binding, but it doesn't seem like programming
it it would be any fun at all, the way Squeak of Scheme or MATLAB can be
fun. Eiffel reminds me of an overly stern schoolteacher.

Since this is a Squeak list, I don't want to clutter it up with Eiffel
discussion. Hence, if you want to sound off on the topic, please goto

http://swiki.cc.gatech.edu:8080/csed/15

And post your thoughts on the swiki page.

Lex has already posted some very good thoughts.

(I'm also curious what people think about SML and Objective-C...)

- Aaron

Dr. Aaron Lanterman, Asst. Prof.       Voice:  404-385-2548
School of Electrical and Comp. Eng.    Fax:    404-894-8363
Georgia Institute of Technology        E-mail: lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Mail Code 0250                         Web:    users.ece.gatech.edu/~lanterma
Atlanta, GA 30332                      Office: GCATT 334B