Gtk2 coming to Squeak...

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Feb 6 09:41:37 UTC 2004

On Feb 6, 2004, at 1:25 AM, Marcel Weiher wrote:

> Why should it?

Because maintaining two VMs for Mac OS X is enough duplicated effort
already.  Maintaining three is just silly.  And the unix VM, AFAICT,
does have a normal NSApplication event loop.  Perhaps you haven't
looked at it recently?

But it's not a big deal.  If it's easier to build a 3.6 CocoaSqueak VM
than an ObjC-enabled unix VM, fine by me.

> OK, so let's do it!  Getting a 3.6 CocoaSqueak built shouldn't be too
> much of a problem, and developing the bridge can actually proceed in
> parallel.

Where can I download a CocoaSqueak of any version with an
ObjectiveCPlugin?  3.2.4 doesn't seem to have it.