Is there a Linux version of Squeak 3.6 release?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Fri Feb 6 11:06:40 UTC 2004

> Is there a Linux version of Squeak 3.6 release?
> I checked here on:
> http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/index.html
> and I can only find a beta 3.6g version. It has some problems
> on my Fedora.

What about this URL?

http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/unix/release/Squeak-3.4-2.i686-pc-l
inux-gnu.tar.gz

> Does Squeak provide better support to Windows than Linux?

I run FreeBSD at home, and I find that Squeak supports FreeBSD just
fine. There are bound to be many more GNU/Linux people here than
FreeBSD users (it would be interesting to run a survey!), and
from idling on the list I've seen plenty of GNU/Linux emails flying
around. I imagine (extrapolating from my FreeBSD experience) that
Squeak provides as much support to Linux as to Windows. And Mac OS,
and Acorn, and etc.

frank