Support for paging in squeak.

Tobias Nurmiranta spyck at lysator.liu.se
Sun Feb 8 02:09:29 UTC 2004

Hi squeakers,

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Timothy Rowledge wrote:
> As mentioned already I think, see Stephen Pair's 'Chango' - look on the
> swiki.

I don't manage to find much information on the swiki, the only thing about
Chango is the sentence "but watch out for Stephen's Chango, which should
integrate Kats with a transparent persistence layer using a modified VM.".
spair.swiki.net seems to be down. It sounds really interesting though.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently working on an implementation
of a persistent storage with an incremental concurrent garbage collector,
supporting a large address space (>4gb). For benchmarking and testing
purposes, I would like to use Squeak.

To convince Tim, or others, that its a nice algorithm, is a later task. :)
To make it really efficient in practice, it probably will need integration
with the OS's paging mechanism.
,	Tobias