[ANN] New version of SmaCC-Development on SM: 1.4

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Mon Feb 9 16:35:33 UTC 2004

> I'd actually go further and say that anyone with an account should be
> able to post a release of a package to SqueakMap. It just has to be
> clearly displayed in the PackageLoader and web site who made the
> release.

Alternate package releases! Yeah yeah yeah!

> Maintainers should have control over the main entry and be
> able to delete other people's releases. As long as you can't spoof
> someone else's identity there's no danger of trojan horses and such.

I guess maintainers should be able to delete alternate package
releases... Although that could be annoying in the case where a package
owner is both (a) slow to release enhancements to their package and (b)
testy about other people creating alternate package releases.