[FIX] FileDirectory-checkName-localName-fix-jf ( [er] Needs more thinking )

tim at sumeru.stanford.edu tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 9 22:58:12 UTC 2004

I've been taking a quick look at this and I think we need to do it a bit
more carefully. The initial problem I see is that using the full
filename means that it will be truncated more aggressively than now.
Consider #isLegalFileName: for example; instead of truncating the end
leaf of the path it would now cut the whole string.

I suspect that the proper thing to do is to tokenise the path and do
checkName... on each part, then reasemble the string. Or, of course,
call the OS api to do the job :-)

tim

<This post brought to you by BFAV2>