Using Squeak for general desktop development

Mike Flippin webmaster at blindmindseye.com
Mon Feb 9 18:34:42 UTC 2004

Hi, I'm a Computer Science major having to prepare a presentation on
Smalltalk for a programming language class and need a Smalltalk VM for
that. I haven't been able to find any documentation on Squeak that shows
how to use it to make desktop software that uses native GUI toolkits
like QT, GTK+, Carbon and MFC.

Is this possible? I found a listing for GTK+ bindings on the GTK
website. GNU Smalltalk 2.1 doesn't compile on either Fedora Linux or
MacOS X so I'm SOL there. So that left me with Squeak. Is there any
place I can find how to use native toolkits?

Any help would be appreciated.