[ENH][EXPERIMENTAL] NoEventSensorProcess ( [er][et] )

tim at sumeru.stanford.edu tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 10 01:40:07 UTC 2004

This works ok on RISC OS, though it seems to be just a tiny bit smoother
(note rigorous scientific evaluation) if the nextEventFromQueue method
reads:-
nextEventFromQueue
	"Return the next event from the receiver."
	self fetchMoreEvents.
	eventQueue isEmpty
		ifTrue:[^nil]
		ifFalse:[^eventQueue next]
rather than checking ifthe queue is empty. This is probably an artifact
of the fact that RISC OS needs the app to poll frequently in order to
multitask, rather like Mac pre OSX.

I'm puzzled by the remaining use of inputSemaphore. Nobody makes any use
of it within the image and so far as I can tell it only serves to give
the VM a flag that events should be used. I think that ought to be a
separate mail thread though.

>From my perspective it can be approved but it ought to be checked out on
more platforms before a decision is reached.

<This post brought to you by BFAV2>