BFAV: Please help closing Bugs

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Tue Feb 10 08:46:43 UTC 2004

Am 09.02.2004 um 15:52 schrieb Frank Shearar:

>> Here's yet another random and useless Call for Help regarding
>> Harvesting:
>>
> <snip>
>>
>> It would be nice to have some more people helping with
>> cleaning this up.
>
> Hm. I only intended to mark a post as recommended for closure, but
> BFAV2
> feels that having "[closed]" in a comment is sufficient to close a bug.
>
> Is it alright for us (i.e., non-Guides/non-veterans) to close bug
> reports
> that are fixed or have become irrelevant? Or should we rather post
> comments
> along the lines of "recommend for closure" and avoid the string
> "[closed]"?

We use now the following:

1) Everybody can close posts he started (with [closed])
2) Everybody can close posts that are about an external package that he
is managing. (see e.g.
      Göran's posts closing SqeuakMap related bugs)
3) Everthing else: just add a "please close" or something like that.
Then one
     of the harvesters will send the [closed] message.

  Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de