Using Squeak for general desktop development

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Feb 10 11:38:31 UTC 2004

Just for the records:
> A widget is just a matter of money and engineering
> and smalltalk is not about that. The essence is elegance
> and uniformity

I think there are plenty of people who would disagree with these statements.
A widget is pretty much everything but not a matter of "money and
engineering" (the way engineering is used here implies
software-engineering). It's about a consistent, friendly, enjoyable user
experience. I won't comment on whether "Smalltalk" is about that but if
Squeak isn't about that ... oh well.

Cheers,
  - Andreas