Complex numbers?

Aaron Lanterman lanterma at bigzilla.ece.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 12 06:31:34 UTC 2004

I've been giving more thought as to what would help "sell" Squeak to the
EE world I live in.

It would be nice to have complex numbers, ready to go right out of the
box, with manipulations coded as primitives for speed.

I know there's complex number classes out there, and one can download them
and file them in. I found several with simple google searching. It would
be good to _standardize_ on something though. My colleagues won't want to
download Squeak and then have to download and file in a complex number
class. They will want it just to be there, batteries included.

- Aaron

P.S. On another note, I've been reading about Double Dispatching for
numeric conversions and have gotten terribly confused. I'll figure it out
though...

Dr. Aaron Lanterman, Asst. Prof.       Voice:  404-385-2548
School of Electrical and Comp. Eng.    Fax:    404-894-8363
Georgia Institute of Technology        E-mail: lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Mail Code 0250                         Web:    users.ece.gatech.edu/~lanterma
Atlanta, GA 30332                      Office: GCATT 334B