[ENH] PNGReadWriter writing support & alpha fixes (v3)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Feb 12 22:03:25 UTC 2004

This is now v3 which fixes a bad, bad CRC issue, adds CRC validation and
hopefully fixes the byte-sex problems.

Avi - if you give this a try and the tests fail, can you send me the
generated test images (they will be written out automatically). Off-list
please ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas

"Change Set:  PNGReadWriter
Date:   10 February 2004
Author:   Andreas Raab

Provide PNGReadWriter with the ability to write files. In addition, fix some
issues with transparency in PNGs which was not handled correctly.

v2: Vastly improved version. Includes a test suite which ensures that we can
use PNG consistently to save and load Squeak forms.

v3: 2/12/2004
- Fixed CRC storage
- Added CRC validation for reading
- Provide logging for test images