Monticello Question

Steven Swerling sps2000 at mail.com
Thu Feb 12 22:36:10 UTC 2004

>> I have absent-mindedly used both "*bfav-override" and "*bfav-overrides",
>> and both seemed to work just fine....
>

> Even when you unload the package?
> It probably *should* accept both, cause everyone (including me) seems to
> have trouble remembering which it is.  But it doesn't right now.

Until it does ... here is a quick follow-up comment for the benefit of
Monticello newbies like myself: it's very important to get the spelling
of your override method category correct. In other words, if you have a
package named MyPackage, then when you override methods outside of your
package, put the changed method(s) in a method category named
'*mypackage-override'.

	DO call the method category '*mypackage-override'
	Do *NOT* call the method category '*mypackage-overrides'

If you don't use the correct spelling, then performing an unload of your
package from monticello will cause the methods in the misnamed category
to be deleted from the system rather than reverting to a previous version.