OSProcess on Solaris - all primitives failing

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Feb 13 03:07:00 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 01:58:02PM -0800, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> I put some fprintf() calls (as well as the flush calls) in
> initialiseModule() as well as at the top and bottom of primitiveSizeOfInt().
>
> I also set #define DEBUG 1 in sqUnixExternalPlugins.c
>
> When starting up the image, I see three attempts in a row to load the
> OSProcess plugin:

<snip>

I really don't know what's going wrong here. You should be seeing one
(not three) attempts to load the plugin, followed any number of calls to
ioFindExternalFunctionIn() for each of the primitives being loaded.

I don't know if it will help, but I've attached a log file from my Linux
Squeak set up similarly to what you described for your Solaris system
(defined DEBUG and put fprintf in the plugin code, then start Squeak
and evaluate "OSProcess accessor sizeOfInt"). This is a different version
of OSPP from what you have (from my development image) so it may show
primitives being called differently from what you'll see in your image,
but it should be close enough to show what to expect.

Is anyone else out there running Squeak on Solaris? Pointers welcome.

Dave