OSProcess on Solaris - all primitives failing

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Fri Feb 13 06:29:56 UTC 2004

David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 01:58:02PM -0800, Julian Fitzell wrote:
>
>>I put some fprintf() calls (as well as the flush calls) in
>>initialiseModule() as well as at the top and bottom of primitiveSizeOfInt().
>>
>>I also set #define DEBUG 1 in sqUnixExternalPlugins.c
>>
>>When starting up the image, I see three attempts in a row to load the
>>OSProcess plugin:
>

> <snip>
>
> I really don't know what's going wrong here. You should be seeing one
> (not three) attempts to load the plugin, followed any number of calls to
> ioFindExternalFunctionIn() for each of the primitives being loaded.
>
> I don't know if it will help, but I've attached a log file from my Linux
> Squeak set up similarly to what you described for your Solaris system

Hmm... your output certainly seems healthier than mine. :)

It seems like the difference is that mine never gets past the
initialiseModule() call (though that function *is* called).  It seems
like it doesn't encounter an error (and thus it doesn't note the plugin
is unavailable), but nor does it seem to complete the task well enough
to continue calling other functions...

Hopefully somebody will have some ideas... I'm thinking I'd better try
making my own plugin that just does the file locking primitive - at
least to see if it works.

Julian