[FIX] ScamperFix-gk

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Feb 13 08:24:49 UTC 2004

On Feb 13, 2004, at 12:05 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Am 13.02.2004 um 04:51 schrieb John Pfersich:
>
>> You'll probably have better luck than I did trying to contact Tansel.
>> I've
>> sent him three emails and never got a reply.
>
> We should register all packages for "full" (that is: all the stuff
> that was
> in 3.5) on SqueakSource, and add all the guides as developers (and,
> of course, the official maintainer if there is one).

People should of course do what they are comfortable with, but out of
academic interest, how is this different from each guide maintaining a
separate repository with their own versions of various packages?  Does
having write access to some central storage location make it more
"official"? Technologically it doesn't matter (Monticello is perfectly
happy for everyone to have their own repositories), but clearly there
are social issues as well.  Would it be any different if there were a
centralized aggregator that provided information about versions in
various repositories, but didn't actually store them?

It would be very interesting to me if a centralized repository system
developed even if there were no technical need for one (of course
presumably the ability to save new versions while offline, at least,
would still get used).

Avi