[FIX] ScamperFix-gk

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Feb 13 08:58:27 UTC 2004

On Feb 13, 2004, at 12:43 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Then people would need to set up these places, or not? And how? I
> think you would need either ftp (which is disabled everywhere).
> Or a http-put capabal server (with correct authentication set up),
> which nobody has.

Actually, this is very easy with apache2 (just need to put "Dav On" in
the config file somewhere).
But I agree, it's even easer to not to have to do that, and I'm very
glad SqueakSource was set up, because it lowers the barriers to
collaboration.  I'm just surprised by how much it seems to help to have
it there - I had underestimated the deterrent factor of having to set
up a repository.  We should have done this sooner (actually, I halfway
tried at one point but didn't do anywhere near as nice a job as Lukas
and Adrian and so didn't advertise it very widely).

I'm also curious to see if we stick with just the one SqueakSource
instance, or if there end up being several for different purposes.  I'm
certainly considering setting one up locally.

BTW, has everybody noticed that SqueakSource now has per-package RSS
feeds?