[ENH] Magnitude >> ?

ken at kencausey.com ken at kencausey.com
Fri Feb 13 18:21:04 UTC 2004

I'm of the opinion that we need a real use case or two.  The only real
use case I can think of is a sorting algorithm like quicksort.  In which
case the cost of creating a new instance for each comparison seems
overly high.  I could perhaps see returning symbols.  This would be a
bit more informational but perhaps that would also slow down a highly
tuned quicksort.

Are there any other real world use cases?

Ken

P.S.  So sorry this is going to appear in BFAV server AGAIN.  Apparently
Discussion Members does not mean the same thing to me as it was intended
to mean.

<This post brought to you by BFAV2>