Binaries in Monticello

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Feb 13 20:27:30 UTC 2004

On Feb 13, 2004, at 12:18 PM, ducasse wrote:

> On 13 févr. 04, at 20:42, Avi Bryant wrote:
>
>> Right now all this does is build ClassDefinitions and
>> MethodDefinitions from the associated PackageInfo,
>
> hi avi
>
> don't you have PoolVariable too?
> How do they are managed? Can I say that a package can install a Pool
> or a Global?

Right now PoolVariables references are just part of the class
definition (like in a changeset).  In Squeak we should be using
DeclarativePools (this went in for 3.6 I think), where each pool is
actually a class, so there's not necessarily a need for a special
PoolDefinition - it'll get picked up as a ClassDefinition.  But it
would be cool to actually write out the values of the pool into the
version (as long as they were easily serializable), rather than needing
an #initialize method - you'd probably want one Definition per
association in the pool, so they would merge at a decent granularity.
The stuff I outlined in my previous message would apply to doing this
as well.