Remaining to-do items for 3.7

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sun Feb 15 23:38:04 UTC 2004

Am 15.02.2004 um 23:58 schrieb Andreas Raab:

>> Debugger - stub method creation:
>> ShrinkingSelection:
>> Breakpoint support:
>
> Strike these - they are already in 3.7.

Here's a list of all SM registered patches that got in 3.7a (...if I
remember correctly):

	• 	Breakpoint Support - Adds breakpoint suppoirt to the method pane
menu
	• 	Chronology classes - ANSI DateAndTime, Duration, refactored Dates,
Weeks, Months, Timezones and more
	• 	Compressed Sources File - Full browsing with squeak.sources
compressed 4x
	• 	Debugger - stub method creation - A small improvement to aid
programming-in-the-debugger
	• 	Diego's UI Enhancements - A collection of tweaks to scrollbars,
system windows and menus in Squeak
	• 	FillInTheBlankMorph Look Enhancement - New look for
FillInTheBlankMorph	• 	GeneralEnh-ajh - Various fixes and enhancements
to general objects and collections
	• 	InspectorEnh-ajh - Refactored inspector plus new compiled method
inspector
	• 	Large Lists - A replacement PluggableListMorph and friends that
performs well with very large lists
	• 	Menus Enhancements - A set of enhancements to menus.
	• 	MetaClassBuilderFix - Fixes MetaClass reshaping bug seen after
adding inst var. to ClassDescription
	• 	Named Process - Adds the ability to assign a name to a Process
	• 	ObjectsAsMethods - Allow any objects to act as a 'compiled method'
	• 	ParenBlinking - Adds simple parentheses matching to the
ParagraphEditor
	• 	ShrinkingSelection - Overhaul of the ParagraphEditor selection
hanlding. Allows for selections to shrink
	• 	ScrollBars Enhancements - A set of enhancements to scrollbars
	• 	SystemWindow Enhancements - A couple of small enhancements to
system windows
	• 	Test Runner Enhancements - Some improvements to the SUnit TestRunner

and these (and some more, e.g. some removals), are even in in 3.6:

	• 	NetworkRewrite I - Rewrite of the basic network code
	• 	TrueTypeTextStyle - It provides support for beautiful fonts.

What do we do with these SqueakMap entries? Remove them? Somehow retire
them, so they
are available for 3.6 but not for 3.7?

      Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de