Squat progress 14 February 2004: release 1 alpha 1 available

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Mon Feb 16 18:31:28 UTC 2004

Hi Craig - yay!

Here's what happened when I tried in firefox 0.8 on windows: a download
dialog, which I ignored because I saw the status bar in the browser
moving and it looked like it was downloading. Then I figured out it's
just waiting. Firefox doesn't allow me to run the .exe for some reason.
Downloading it to the desktop and running it manually (while the status
bar is still moving) didn't work.

In IE, I clicked open and (I think) the first time got a hello and
current time message from squat. Tried it again and it said it was
contacting a web server to download modules. Status bar just keeps
updating at this point. Tried again with microsoft's firewall turned
off, no difference.

Thanks - Simon