Squat progress 14 February 2004: release 1 alpha 1 available

Steven Swerling sps2000 at mail.com
Mon Feb 16 19:04:20 UTC 2004

Simon Michael wrote:

> Hi Craig - yay!
>
> Here's what happened when I tried in firefox 0.8 on windows: a download
> dialog, which I ignored because I saw the status bar in the browser
> moving and it looked like it was downloading. Then I figured out it's
> just waiting. Firefox doesn't allow me to run the .exe for some reason.
> Downloading it to the desktop and running it manually (while the status
> bar is still moving) didn't work.

I got the same behavior on firefox 0.8 (didn't try IE).

I tried popping open a headed image along with a control image -- they
both go full screen, but don't paint anything or respond to mouse
clicks. How to get to the UI in the control image? (I'm running on Win98).

Problems notwithstanding, it's encouraging to see this project move to
the alpha stage, congrats.