OPC

Brian Brown brian at teuton.org
Tue Feb 17 02:14:50 UTC 2004

Quoting Lynn Hales <lhales at earthlink.net>:

> Hello Les,
>
> Thanks Les,  evil probably but the entire control industry has selected
> it as a communication standard.  Lynn

Actually, if you go to opcfoundation.org, you will see that the proprietary DCOM
based microsoft protocol is being phaased out and they are going to use XML-RPC
based protocols instead. I have agree with Les, and think the move to XML-RPC is
a smart one, bringing into the the 20th century, let alone the 21st :-)

My .02 cents