[ENH][SM] make alpha releases more feasible

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Feb 17 07:16:35 UTC 2004

I've just made a small modification to SM and the SMLoader - you can
get my versions from

http://beta4.com/mc/SMBase-avi.43.mcz
http://beta4.com/mc/SMLoader-avi.9.mcz

This adds #defaultRelease to SMPackage, which finds the last published
release if there is one, otherwise just uses the last release of any
kind.  The SMLoader uses this when installing a package with no release
selected, and it's also used to determine the #smartVersion of a
package.

I'd really like this to be integrated so that I can feel free to
release alpha versions of my packages without worrying that people will
install them by accident.

Avi