[ENH][SM] make alpha releases more feasible

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Feb 17 07:20:57 UTC 2004

On Feb 16, 2004, at 11:16 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> This adds #defaultRelease to SMPackage, which finds the last published
> release if there is one, otherwise just uses the last release of any
> kind.

If that was confusing - I'm talking about the "published" flag you can
set for any release, the idea being that I wouldn't set it for alpha
releases but only for moderately stable ones.  Of course, maybe we
should extend this to a three-level system like debian, and be able to
set a preference for what #defaultRelease should give you...