oldest bits in Squeak?

Timothy Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 17 23:04:19 UTC 2004

On Feb 17, 2004, at 1:13 PM, Lex Spoon wrote:

> How old are the oldest bits in Squeak?  When was the last time an image
> was created from scratch, as opposed to being modified from a previous
> version?

Well that's two quite separate questions. I'm pretty sure the answer to
the first one is likely to be 'from about 1978' since my assumption is
that st-80 image 1 was cloned from a st-78 image. Whether that was in
turn cloned from a 76 or even eventually a 72 I couldn't say - but I
bet Dan or Ted could.

The last time an image was made from scratch could be more recent than
you'd expect. Ale. is/was doing work with a system that can do that.
He's mentioned it a few times on the list.

tim