Initial VMMaker 3.7 beta release

Timothy Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 18 01:08:57 UTC 2004

Assuming it all did the right things and permissions are set properly
and my crotch smelt right to the unix doggies, there should be a new
release of the VMMaker on my site. It makes an acceptable VM on my
machine and right now I can't try out any other so caveat emptor. For
me it makes a several percent improvement in performance as reported by
the benchmarks package.

You MUST MUST MUST replace platforms/Cross/vm/sqVirtualMachine.[ch]
with the copies in the sqVM.zip in the same place. I don't seem to have
any decent way to upload to SF right now.

http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/packages/VMMaker/
VMMaker3-7b1.sar and
http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/packages/VMMaker/
sqVM.zip Give it a  try and let me know what breaks.

tim