Squat progress 18 February 2004: MacOSX and ipv6

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Wed Feb 18 19:45:32 UTC 2004

	Just FYI, I built a MacOSX Squat VM from the Carbon tree at
SourceForge, and it works (I'll update the release page to 1a6 soon).
However, there seems to be a problem with the Flow plugin (at least on
MacOSX 10.3.2). When establishing a connection between the working and
control Squat snapshot, I get connection-refused, because apparently I'm
mistakenly attempting with an ipv6 address from the client side, when
the server is listening at an ipv4 address. (I can connect to the
control snapshot with a simple command-line 'telnet' just fine.)
Hopefully this will be easy to fix (I'll probably get to it sometime
tonight).

	If anyone has advice about ipv4/ipv6 and possible programming pitfalls,
please feel free to let me know.

	thanks,

-C

--