SM account - strange behavior

Lothar Schenk lothar.schenk at gmx.de
Fri Feb 20 08:46:23 UTC 2004

Yesterday, I registered a SM account. This is not working as I expected. Maybe
my expectations are wrong.

(1) I registered an account (los) and waited for the confirmation message.

(2) I clicked on the link in the confirmation message. I changed the password
as requested.

(3) I got a page with "Not logged in"

(4) I tried to log in with the new password. Didn't work -> "Not logged in"

(5) I requested a new password and waited for the corresponding message.

(6) I got a message with a link, but it didn't contain any password.

(7) I clicked on the link and tried to log in again. I got "Not logged in"
again.

(8) I gave up.

Today, I went back to http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/login

I used account los and the password I had set in the earlier attempt.

I got a page beginning with

___________
SqueakMap

Welcome to SqueakMap!